- Confusion over Botswana’s elephant population
- Parliament moves to put the brakes on ‘unethical’ captive lion breeding and bone trade
- Johannesburg Zoo ignores calls to free Lammie the Lonely Elephant
- Selling rhino horn: It’s time to ask hard questions about the Department of Environmental Affairs
- Reserve shoots roaming elephant, despite admitting its fences are not secure
- DAFF ignores science, wastes public funds in appealing High Court Rock Lobster ruling
- CITES lets world’s worst elephant poaching countries off the hook
- NSPCA heads for court to halt trade in lion skeletons
- Has rhino poaching decreased, or are we running out of rhinos?
- Do test tube lions help conserve wild lions?
- Botswana’s elephant poaching crisis under scrutiny
- Controversy over Skye the lion
- Permitting authority shows Parliament photo of dead lion it claims is not famous pride male – but experts say it is
- Free captive-born Lammie the Elephant now: Experts’ plea to Joburg Zoo
- Unearthing Tim – The Battle to Rescue an Amboseli Icon
- Illegal collared elephant hunt in Greater Kruger – warden convicted
- Drunkards allow elephant to suffer
- WWF statement on China’s legalization of domestic trade in tiger bone and rhino horn
- Botswana looks into report of nearly 90 slaughtered elephants
- The danger of SA’s watered-down marine protections
- Dozens of elephant carcasses found in Botswana, revealing ‘unprecedented’ levels of poaching
- Shark Mystery: Where Have South Africa’s Great Whites Gone?
- Can Namibia’s desert lions survive humanity?
- New poll: vast majority of South Africans believes the lion breeding industry harms the country’s international reputation
- ‘Ivory Tower’ Botswana Elephant Poaching Report
- Dozens Of Lion Trophy Permits Issued To Hunters As Trump Rolls Back Import Hurdles
- How many elephants are there in Botswana?
- The National Norms and Standards for the Management of Elephants in South Africa
- DRAFT REPORT – Colloquium on Captive lion breeding for hunting in South Africa: Harming or promoting the conservation image of the country
- Taking Stock: An assessment of progress under the National Ivory Action Plan process
- Environmental Affairs Committee believes agreement between Kruger National Park & Private Reserves should be revised
- Captive lion breeding for hunting in South Africa colloquium Day 2
- Captive lion breeding for hunting in South Africa colloquium Day 1, with Minister present
- Report to the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Environmental Affairs
- New poll results: Does the lion breeding industry harm SA’s international reputation?
- The Economics of Captive Predator Breeding in South Africa
- Information Sheet: Parliamentary Colloquium on Captive Lion Breeding for Hunting
- Captive Lion Breeding, Canned Lion Hunting & the Lion Bone Trade: Damaging Brand South Africa?
- Colloquium on Captive Lion Breeding for Hunting in South Africa: Harming or Promoting the Conservation Image of the Country. 21 & 22 August 2018
- Evidence to CITES shows irresponsible lion bone trade drives consumer demand for big cat parts
- Department of Environmental Affairs Increase Captive Lion Bone Export Quota to 1,500
The recently released feature documentary Blood Lions (www.bloodlions.org) has brought the horrors of predator breeding, canned hunting and a variety…
HSI/Africa urges department of environmental affairs to heed Parliament’s call to end captive lion breeding for trophy hunting and the bone trade
HSI/Africa urges department of environmental affairs to heed Parliament’s call to end captive lion breeding for trophy hunting and the…